This app is not a free app and is for business/enterprise users only who have a valid Microsoft 365 E5 license assigned to them. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint helps enterprise users stay protected from cyber security threats such as malicious apps, dangerous web sites that may try to steal information from them. It is also a platform that allows Security Operations teams to prevent, detect and investigate cyber security incidents in the enterprise
Key features of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
1. Automatically warns users of malicious, potentially unwanted apps and APKs that may get installed or copied on to the user’s device
• Users can easily find out if an app /APK they are installing is clean
2. Automatically block malicious web pages that may be clicked from SMS/WhatsApp/Browser/E-mail
• Additionally, blocks malicious background connections from apps that may occur on user’s device
• Allows security admins to create custom indicators (URLs, IP Addresses) for web protection
3. Built-in integration with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint to provide single pane of glass reporting in Microsoft Defender Security Center portal, which enables Security Operations teams
4. Conditional Access integration based on device risk level with Intune
• Block devices that do not meet organization’s device threat level compliance policy from accessing corporate resources such as e-mail, etc.
5. In-App feedback
• Send feedback to the product team via the ‘Send Feedback’ option within the app.